What to do:
1. Vacuum or sweep floor regularly. Remove spills promptly.
2. Use area rugs with non-abrasive or felt backing on high-traffic areas.
3. Install "wood guards" on "feet" of furniture.
4. When moving heavy furniture or appliances, always pick up the item rather than sliding it across the floor.
5. Keep pets' claws trimmed to avoid excess scratches or gouges.
6. Use sheer drapes, curtains or blinds to limit direct sunlight on your floor. Sunlight will cause the Natural color to darken slightly. The Caramelized color will lighten due to the UV rays. Stained colors will also be affected by the sunlight.
7. Maintain humidity levels between 35% and 55% year-round.
What not to do:
1. Do not let sand, dirt or grit build up. This may cause scratches in the finish.
2. Do not wet mop. Slightly damp mopping is acceptable. Too much water will cause flooring to swell and cup.
3. Steam cleaning is not recommended and may damage the floor.
4. Do not walk on the floor in stiletto-style heels or athletic cleats, etc.
5. Do not use wax, oil soap, or other household cleaners. See recommendations below.
7. Do not use throw rugs with rubber or vinyl backing without checking to determine if they will affect your floor's finish. Some materials in the backing can react with certain floor finishes, discoloring or causing the finish to become dull.
How to repair divots and finish scratches:
Scratches and/or gouges in the flooring material may happen during an installation or subsequent use. Board replacement is the best option; however if this is not possible, try RPM/Mohawk Fil Stiks. These are large wax crayons that fill voids and are a close match to Teragren's colors.
For ordering purposes through RPM, please use the information from this chart. These products are also available through several online woodworking supply stores.
Recommended Cleaning Products:
Refinishing/Recoating Instructions for Factory-Finished Flooring:
Proper care and maintenance can extend the life of your floor for many years; however, at some time a recoating may be desirable. To recoat your floor and remain in conformance with the Teragren warranty, follow the manufacturer's instructions for either Basic Coatings or BonaPrep recoating systems.
Basic Coatings "TyKote" Sandless Recoating System; 800.441.1934 OR
Bona Prep Recoating Adhesion System; 800.872.5515